Veterans Tax Work Off Program
Participants should work the required 111.11* hours of service to receive the total. Hours worked may not be shared with another family member. Each individual should fulfill the total hours of service obligation. However, the City of Leominster, based on need, may place the participant in more than one (1) job in order to fulfill the total hours.
*To receive the maximum $1,500 tax credit participants must work 111.11 hours. Working less than 111.11 hours results in a pro-rated tax credit based on the number of hours worked.
As of January 1, 2020, there are no longer any income requirements.
- Must be a veteran or the spouse of a veteran where the veteran is deceased or has a service-connected disability.
- Submit completed application along with supporting documents prior to beginning the program. This also applies to former and current volunteers.
- Be on the property deed as either Owner or Trustee of the recorded trust.
- Be a full-time resident at the said property.
- Provide proof of residency, and ownership or other evidence.
- Pay 10% of his/her tax bill.
- Be placed in a Department that suits the needs of the department & skills of the applicant.
- Applicant cannot exceed earnings that total more than $1,500.00 or more than 111.11 volunteer hours as per the state minimum wage, per calendar year.
- Re-apply every year with SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS in order to be eligible.
- Complete a CORI check and/or provide references if required by the work site.
Please contact Richard Voutour, call (978)534-7538 or firstname.lastname@example.org, with any questions.
( View PDF )