Dinosaur Hide-and-seek at Barrett Park - April Vacation Week (April 19th - 24th, 2021)
Enjoy the storywalk posts along the trail, featuring the book: Buying, Training and Caring for Your Dinosaur by Laura Joy Rennert and illustrated by Marc Brown!
- Locate the 10 plastic dinosaurs that are hiding around the pond at Barrett Park! When you find them (on top of their container) read the card with the dinosaur name and facts. You are free to take lots of photos but please leave the dinosaurs in their hiding spot for all to enjoy.
- Please wear a mask and maintain 6 feet of social distance between you and others.
- Pick up a dinosaur egg which you can excavate and a packet at the Recreation Department or in the bin outside (after business hours.
- Here are the clues.
For more information contact: Leominster Project Apples or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Check our Facebook Page for details: Project Apples
ANNUAL FISHING DERBY In memory of Sammy Morin
This year's Fishing Derby is in memory of Sammy Morin, a Leominster resident, a Marine Corps Veteran, and a master angler. He was 37 when he passed away on Sunday, April 21, 2019. Sam's last act of selfless bravery and heroism was in donating as many of his organs and tissues as possible in order to save the lives of others. Proceeds from the raffle and bait sales will go to New England Donor Services.
- DATE: Saturday, April 17th, 2021
- TIME: 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. (Prizes awarded at 11:15 a.m.)
- LOCATION: Barrett Park (40 Barrett Parkway, Leominster)
- AGES: 14 and younger (Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.)
- MAXIMUM CAPACITY: Due to COVID-19, we are only able to take 150 total individuals for this event, including family members and spectators.
- ADMISSION: Free!
- GEAR: Please bring your fishing pole, a bucket for caught fish, and a bait container. Bait will be available for purchase. There is a three trout limit!
- REGISTRATION DEADLINE: April 15th, 2021. Once we have met our maximum number of 150, we won't be able to take any more registrations. We will contact you by phone and by email to let you know if we have put you on a waiting list for if anyone cancels. If you're unable to make it after you have submitted your registration form, please call our office at (978)534-7529, as we may have others on the waiting list.
Preregistration is regiured! Please print out our registration form, fill it out, and return it to our office at Barrett Park (40 Barrett Parkway, Leominster) during our regular business hours, or mail it to us at 25 West St. Leominster, MA 01453 before the event.
Sponsored by the Leominster Recreation Department, Leominster Veterans Memorial Center, the Leominster Lions Club, local businesses nd contractors, and the Mass Division of Fisheries and Wildlife.
CENTRAL MA ESPORTS LEAGUE
For more information, please see our Sports Programs page.