The City of Leominster is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a non-job related medical condition or handicap, or any other legally protected status.
Deadline for filing for all summer positions is April 29, 2021.
- Summer Full Day Leisure Counselors - Overseeing children ages ranging from 2.9-13: Must be 17 and older and available to work the last week of June through the second week of August.
- Seasonal Staff - Summer Park Maintenance Workers, Summer Seasonal Flower Gardeners/full-time and part-time weekends.
- Pool Staff - Pool Manager with Certified Pool Operator Certification, Assistant Pool Manager (CPO certification preferred), Water Safety Instructors, Lifeguards, Pool Gate Staff.
- Adult Instructors for Instructional Programs for Youth & Adults - Field Hockey, Lacrosse, Tennis, Basketball, Volleyball, Adult Fitness, Yoga, and Pilates, Pickleball, etc.
Part-time Program Assistant and Office Support
- Effective: April 2021
- Pay Rate: $22.26 per hour. A non-benefit position
- Location: Recreation Dept.
- Hours: not to exceed 1,039 per year
- Work schedule: Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. with 1hr lunch break (Hours may fluctuate if filling in for vacations and after the summer season). Must be available to work the week of Thanksgiving and the week before and after Christmas. Some weekend and nights are required.
- Must have flexibility to function in all aspects of running the Recreation Department, specifics are listed below.
- May take on certain projects, programs and be able to work with minimum supervision.
- Must have ability to work with general public in a courteous informative manner, and sometimes in a leadership role.
Computer data entry and enter registrations into Recreation Database.
- Office duties- typing letters, general correspondence, preparing spreadsheets, filing, answering the phone, and other receptionist duties.
- Prepare press releases on a consistent basis.
- Prepare and disseminate promotional materials, i.e.: posters, flyers, and brochures.
- Work with general public in a courteous informative manner, and sometimes in a leadership role.
- Assist with preparing records and reports.
- May be required to act as a chaperone during recreation programs.
- Assist with program development, preparation and implementation.
- Assist with the preparation of sites for recreational activities.
- Order supplies needed for programs, once approved and keep inventory.
- Assist with interviewing new staff.
- Assist with evening or weekend program registrations.
- Assist with promoting, organizing and running special events.
- Follow and enforce policies, procedures and regulations of the Recreation Commission.
- Perform all other duties as needed.
- Experience interacting with people of all ages
- Recreational background helpful
- Sincere interest in Human Service Field, related experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Social networking skills helpful
- Ability to learn database system