Leominster's Downtown Common project begins next week and will be completed by June 1, 2024. The city received a $400,000 state grant for the upgrades to the Downtown Common. The changes will focus on making the area more handicap accessible and event friendly as well as highlighting the history and importance of our monuments and downtown.
- Leveling and re-organization of the Downtown Common
- 10 new adult shade trees
- New "great lawn" for events and every day use
- New designated seating area with new pavers, chairs, and tables
- Removal of internal barriers for handicap accessibility
- Additional exterior handicap accessibility
- New perennial border
- Outside sidewalks remain, new inside border walking area
- Monuments will stay and be cleaned, current trees will remain
- Additional planters, lighting and wifi
Not all monuments are marked on the below plan, but all monuments will be professionally cleaned and remain in their existing location.