AKS Recycling & Transfer Station
Residents of Leominster may bring rubbish, recycling and any amount yard waste to the AKS Management Transfer Station located at 15 Cobbler Drive, Fitchburg, MA.
Residents are limited to bringing one bag or one small item per week of household rubbish to the transfer station without a charge. Residents are also allowed to bring in any amount of yard waste and recycling to the transfer station at no charge.
Additional rubbish to be disposed of will be directed across the scale and paid for in a private transaction with AKS. There is a $90 minimum charge and users will pay by the pound for whatever they wish to dispose of. The current charge is $150 per ton (approximately 7 and 1/2 cents per pound). Please note that if you go to the transfer station at anytime other than the schedule outlined above, you will have to pay a higher commercial rate.
These are the current prices for disposal of these items at the Transfer Station. Please note that these prices are subject to yearly increases:
- Refrigerators, freezers, air-conditioners, de-humidifiers or any item containing Freon (The doors of these items must be removed prior to disposal for safety reasons): $38
- Stoves, washers, dryers, dishwashers, trash compactors, and hot water heaters: free
- Microwave ovens: $38.25
- Lawn mowers and snow blowers (No oil or gas): $38.25
- Batteries (any size): $10
- Television sets and computer monitors $38.25
- Console TVs: $56 per unit
- Tires - car and pickups: $28; with rims: $49.25
- Mattresses or box springs $38.50 each
- Propane Tanks (empty) $27.25
- Gas / charcoal grilles (outdoor type, no propane): Free
- Oil Tanks: Not Accepted
- Lightbulbs (any size or kind): $13
- Electronics: $11
- Toilets: $90
AKS will provide prices for other items not specifically previously listed by calling 978-345-9425. Residents should be aware that there are other options for the disposal of some of these items.
- Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays
9 am to 1 pm
- Thursday and Friday
9 am to 4 pm
8 am to 11:30 am
Hours apply any time of the year (except on certain holidays).