The Health Department enforces Massachusetts General Laws, State Environmental and Sanitary Codes, City of Leominster Ordinances and Regulations. The Health Department has the primary responsibility of protecting and improving the public health and well-being of the Leominster Community. The enforcement and inspection activities ensure a safe and healthy environment in which to live and work.
The Health Department accomplishes this through the following key activities:
- Administrative - Researching, planning, evaluating, and developing programs, policies and procedures
- Environmental Compliance Investigation and Enforcement
- Housing Code Inspection and Enforcement
- Food Safety Investigation and Enforcement
- Permitting and Licensure
- Education and Consultation
- Health and Medical Service
- Tobacco Control
Rubbish / Recycle
Official Overflow Trash Bags are Available for Purchase in the Health Department;
- $15 for a Roll of 5 Bags
- $3 a Bag
Cash or Check Only.
- City of Leominster Municipal Solid Waste and Recycling Program Handbook (PDF)
- Health Department Permitting
- Household Hazardous Waste Collection Information
Holidays That Will Change the Weekly Rubbish/Recycling Schedule:
- New Years Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day (July 4th)
- Labor Day
The Rubbish / Recycle collection schedule will not change for any other holidays, even if the City Hall is not open to the public. If the observed holiday falls on a weekday, there will be no collection that day and the remaining days of collection will be one day later than normal. For example, if the holiday is on a Monday, the weekly rubbish/recycling collection will begin on Tuesday and finish on Saturday. Therefore, if your collection day is normally Tuesday for that week, it will be collected on Wednesday. If one of these holidays falls on a Sunday, it is typically observed the next day, Monday, resulting in a one-day delayed Holiday collection schedule. There is no collection on Thanksgiving so the trash normally collected on Thursdays will be collected on Friday, Friday's routes will subsequently be collected on Saturday.